~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Love this Display

    I took the day off today, just resting at home and I began thinking about what I liked best about this years train display.  I think my favorite thing was the way the snow blanket got painted to look like rocks!  Next was the fact that we did not touch the snow blanket,  the Mall installed it all.  That was great for us!  Now if they walk by and see some hanging down, they will feel free to fix it.  It was good because we could concentrate on building and wiring, then the Mall covered it all up.  They did a fantastic job, cutting and fitting around our track and trestles!  Next I loved Dick Rubin's trees.  They look great on the layout.  I also love Ralph's roadbed! It is perfect on the elevated lines.  The real ballast Carl brought in was a lot of work but it is great on the main line.  Looks good as well as holds sensors and wires in place and makes the layout look permanent not just a quick project.  I love the big "C" Items, "Christmas Tree and Circus". Fantastic job by Scott, Art and Norm. Perfect, I can really relate to the Lionel layout and love to see it! Plus they are close to the people to see and the Interactive buttons by Mike are a  very big hit!  That includes Terry's Crossing Signals.  Kids love to push buttons! Ralph's bridges, trestles, buttresses are super solid and look great.  I also like the raised platforms that allow us to reach the track and I think I like the tunnels as long as nothing get stuck in side.   I really love all Carl's buildings and the lights that have been added. His Church, a replica of the real one in Buxton is one of my favorites. I love the little dioramas all around the layout.  That is what the people look for. (I even like the way the little flag blows in the breeze).  I could go on, there are many more items that you could be named:  bigger layout, wider curves, station stops, more sounds, new lighting, and our own entrance way. Bigger and better trains and engines!   Oh yes, there are two more big items to mention.  The way the kids love Thomas and his friends and all the joy and excitement they bring to the display. And one last item, the best of all.  The support that MGRS members are providing by coming out in droves to help.  It is fantastic to see so many good hearted individuals volunteering to take part in this years display.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, we are very lucky and we do have a lot to be grateful for.

No comments: