~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update from John

Added some flowers and small shrubs on the front and some water lilies for the pond. Thinking about some vinca vines for the waterfall wall or flowers. As far as track work goes I added a switched crossing through a tunnel (in process) around the back. Also, started work on a small elevated loop. It is only 24ft but would make a nice Gandy Dancer run as it cuts in front of the waterfall. I do have a Trolly and plan on using that. I have the pattern for the elevated loop chalked out on the basement floor, so I can build some kind of support for the track. Tomorrow is another trip to Lowes for more small shrubs. I should have waited till I had more done, but what the heck, I like to blog!

10 comments:

SCGRR said...

Looking Good! maybe some "Sky Hooks" for the upper run!
I'm sure you'll come up with something!

Ray Trainman said...

John,

Boy you've been making pretty good progress! Are the upper and lower loops connected or totally separate?

The Deere's said...

Keep up the work, Open house next year. ----- Right -----?

SCGRR said...

Curved Plate Girder bridges would look great there if they weren't so d*mn expensive.

Ray Trainman said...

Actually Ed and John are both making so much progress on their layouts that maybe they should both consider open houses next summer.

What do you think, Ed & John?

The Deere's said...

I’ll second that . . . Just let me know, I’ll be happy to pencil you in on the MGRS open house schedule.
Will it be June, August, September, or October of 2009 ?

SCGRR said...

I can't speak for John, but I'll have to go to an "Open House" to see what it's all about first. Then we'll talk about one.
Until then, any Member is welcome to stop by if they are in the Kittery area. Just let me know!
Oh, make sure you bring "Good Weather"!

Station Master said...

I'm with Ed. But, I am sure we will both do are best to keep you posted with pictures and videos.

The Deere's said...

Let us talk about an Open House.

First off there is not right or wrong way of building your garden railroad. Small or large, home built or store bought buildings, annuals or perennials, Aristo-Craft or LGB track, battery power or track power. If you are happy then it is right. Brenda and I personally hope the railroad is never finished in our minds. Because we replace worn out with new and different ideas all the time. Our first open house we had about sixty feet of track and a 3 amp power supply running it. A little 0-4-0 switcher and a few cars made up the roster. We had fun. Everybody has a different prospective and different ideas. And that’s what we enjoy about an open house. Sharing and learning about the hobby. And it need not be expensive to host an open house. Pot luck lunches are great...It is about people enjoying each other’s company and sharing a command ground. Yes , check out the different open houses this summer. But by the pictures I see on this blog you both have some really great roads already.

SCGRR said...

From SCGRR:
Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. Being the new one is always a bit difficult, but you make it easier with the encouragement.
Thanks!
Ed and Janice