~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Monday, August 18, 2008

Newest Member a Blogger!

Yes folks, the newest MGRS member here. Let me introduce myself. My name is Joey Kelley. I have a 50% interest in the Soudabscook and Penobscot Valley Railroad - which is a part O and part G scale portable layout that you have probably seen if you've been to area train shows in the past few years. I joined MGRS because of Ed and Brenda, so you can blame them... :-) I have some pictures from the last two MGRS open houses, and I must admit, I'm impressed. I am a former member of the NHGRS and I've worked with 'Big Green' the modular layout they have, and I am looking forward to helping with MGRS's Modular Layout. Has anyone come up with a railroad name using the MGRS initials? Maple, Greenery, Rosebud and Southern for instance? Just a thought...
A little about my RR history (I won't make this too long) although I'm the youngest member of MGRS (full member anyway) I've had contact with many sizes of trains: Z (Jeff Waring's layout) N (My Dad's) HO (My first layout) S (American Flyer) O (Current: I focus on the Bangor and Aroostook) G (No kidding!) Live steamers on 6.5 inch gauge (Not much exposure) Two foot narrow gauge (Life member at the WW&F) and full size standard gauge. (Worked at the B&ML for a summer, currently trying to start up a museum in Belfast - http://www.cpcrr.com - I also hang out at the Conway Scenic occasionally) I am a full time computer technician and photograph trains and other things on the side. Well - I'll wrap this up - be looking for some Photos posted of the last two open houses on my Picasa web album (John loves this part!)
See Joey's Picture Albums: right here.
Thanks all for the kind welcome to the MGRS!
-Joey

6 comments:

The Deere's said...

Hey Joey

Welcome aboard and glad to see you found your way to the blog. ( knew you would ). I like your introduction of yourself. I know you will be a great addition to our organization. And yes the photos you have taken in the past are great and Brenda and I look forward to seeing them on the blog.

The Deeres

Station Master said...

Hi Joey,
Welcome again! I agree with Ed, It is great to see active, motivated people interested in our hobby join the Club. And yes, I am very happy that you are a Picassa Album fan. Way to go!
Thanks again,
John

sgould said...

Welcome, Joey

Sounds like you've joined just in time. Your experience with modular construction will be very helpful in deciding whether and how to build a modular MGRS layout.

I like the idea of a MGRS railway name. John Jackson may want to run a contest.

Scott Gould

Station Master said...

I think just talking about a modular and all that it involves would be a lot of fun, involve a lot of people and generate a lot of ideas and interest. What better place than the Blog to exchange ideas?

Yes, Scott, I like the railroad name idea. It is never to early to start collecting thoughts and ideas! I will have to set up an 'idea bin' to save some thoughts in. I am still pondering 'M' myself. (Main, Maine, Mountain, Moose, Maple is good, maple syrup is a big symbal of our State). See we are having fun all ready!

sgould said...

Very evocative pictures. The shots of the fluted passenger car and the butted diesels are especially good.

Ray Trainman said...

Joey,

Welcome on board. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

Your pics are outstanding - I especially like your 'starred photos'. Your light effects are very well done.

Keep in mind that we are always looking for creative articles in our Newsletter, the Iron Horse...

Hopefully will hear from you during tonight's chat!