~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Friday, September 5, 2008

MGRS Newsletter

I just got the latest IRON HORSE, the MGRS newsletter and as usual it is great! A lot of work goes into it and I know the Membership really does appreciate it. A sincere big thank you to all the people who take pictures, write articles, get ads, and edit, print, publish, deliver. It takes a lot of time, effort, and cost and it is very well done. Thank You! Plus the previous issue is now on the Web Site. I also like that very much. It is great to have all the older versions available on line.
But because this is a blog, I also have two little issues that bug be about our newsletter. In deference to space, I will simply say click here to read more.

6 comments:

SCGRR said...

My opinion is:
I agree the name for the section of the website for the Newsletter should be changed. Drop the "Monthly" regardles what is done later.
I, for one,have requested to have my copy of the newsletter e-mailed rather than mailed. I would think this would help save money and those that haven't paid up, don't get the e-mail version or hard copy.

SCGRR said...

Another point about the website that follows along the same lines as the "Monthly Newsletter".
Maybe the "Monthly Photo" should be re-designated as "The Current Photo" as it does not change on a monthly basis. The reasons for the name change for the "Photo would mirror those for the Newsletter spot change.

Ray Trainman said...

The 'Monthly' items mentioned above have been corrected on all appropriate web pages.

Thanks, Scott and John for bringing these to my attention!

SCGRR said...

How about the "Home Page"?

Ray Trainman said...

New link added to home page...

SCGRR said...

On the Home page the titl over the church and wording under the church picture stiil lead people to believe there is a "Photo of the Month".