~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, December 27, 2008

Boston Bound

I had a very pleasant experience to Portland Downeastern Amtrak Terminal yesterday. Bought 4 tickets for this Tuesday. The Terminal and people there are very nice and I thought the prices very good. It averages out to $11.82 per person, each way. Basically its a full day 8:00am to 8:00pm with 7 hours in Boston. My daughter and her two oldest boys (10 and 13) will be making the trip with me. I know it is the last thing many of you would want to do, but we are all geared up for the adventure!
John

2 comments:

Ray Trainman said...

John,

Good Luck! I hope the G Scale layout is still set up in South Station for you to see. Take plenty of pics, if it is...

Anonymous said...

The G scale layout is supposed to be there until Jan 2nd. Yes I will take lots of pictures. I think the Museum of Fine Arts is high on Kim's list. Alex wants to go by MIT. Who knows where we will end up. John want the 56 floor (10 second) ride on the express elevator to the observation deck. I know you said the subways are horrible, but I am looking forward to them. Plus the train ride of course, I am looking forward to that too. Thanks, we will probably need some good luck. John