~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Sunday, December 28, 2008

more on the covered bridge...

Ive added the track and deck inside the bridge. I am too lazy to spike the rails to the cross ties of the birdge but wanted the rails right down on them. So I just slid some plastic ties onto the rails to space them and set the rails onto the bridge's ties with the plastic ties hanging in air between. I glued timbers along side the rails to hold everything in place. this gives me 8-1/2" head room over the rail head which should do nicely.



For siding, I ripped up some Western Red cedar I had in the scrap box. It was small peices but nice and clear. I like the random colors of the wood. I decided to build this bridge with a "skirt" which was seen on some New England Rail Road bridges. I think it looks good.


Next session, I'll start on the roof.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric - Looks great! I like the way the track is 'built in' to the deck and the skirt on the bridge is a nice touch.
John

Ray Trainman said...

Eric, interestingly I am using the same technique to install the track on my round table bridge. Sometimes simpler is better...

BTW, nice job on the siding. Is it simply glued in place? or will you be adding pins or brads at a later date?

Station Master said...

I like the long giant re-railer that you have also created. That can never hurt.