~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jack's New Place...

Old Jack who is the supervisor of the Winnegance and Fiddler's reach and his wife are finally getting their new home. She was tired of sleeping in the caboose!



I molded some resin windows last winter and had drawn up some plans. I finally got around to building the house this weekend.

I used 3/8" plywood, A/C I guess, found it at the transfer station. I think someone had just been installing a bathroom. I milled it to represent clapboards using a dado cutter in my table saw. laborious but looks pertty good. I sawed out the walls, then joined them using Red Cedar scrap which I also used for the trim and gingerbread.

I was inspired by a house on the Main Road (route 209) here in town. I haven't added the big front pourch they have though nor the "L" and barn. a scale house gets big in 1:20 scale even if you shrink it a bit.


Note: Click on 'Home' below to return to the regular Blog.

7 comments:

Station Master said...

Awesome! I love the Gable Trim. Looks very authentic. Can you post a larger picture? If possible, otherwise that is fine.

sgould said...

Eric, your house is truly beautiful. Perfect proportions. Your workmanship sets a high bar for the rest of us.

Ray Trainman said...

Eric,

I agree with both John and Scott. I would also appreciate if you could post a picture that we could click on and enlarge. I'd like to see the detail behind your fine creation.

Maybe you should think about bringing it to the luncheon next Saturday, since I'm sure a lot of members would enjoy seeing it up close and personal...

Thanks,

Ray

The Deere's said...

Very , very nice!!!! I would be interested in knowing what you used and how you made the molded plastic windows.

Mrdeere

The Deere's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Deere's said...

Well, gee ....it sounds to me like Jack had the wrong caboose. Jack should had a Bangor and Aroostook caboose, just think of the money he could have saved, not building a new house.
mrsdeere

Ray Trainman said...

Mrs. Deere,

Yeah, but I've heard from a reliable source that BAR cabooses had no heat in them, because the 'Aroostookites were used to living in the cold'...