~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Friday, January 9, 2009

SCGRR Barn Up-date

Here is a pic of the barn roof with a couple coats of gray paint.

Here is a pic of the Triangle hinges from "Craft Inc>com". Looks like the flash washed out the top hinge. Maybe it'll show better if you click on the picture to enlarge it.


Here is a pic of the barn front pretty much finished except for the white trim at the roof line. The triangle hinges on the loft door also visible here.

4 comments:

Ray Trainman said...

Ed, thanks for the lead on Craft Inc.com! Your hinges look great...

Station Master said...

Came out very nice! I like your eagle pulley system for the loft. I know you can get a couple of miniature bales of hay at the craft store) just in case you are in the diorama mood. Don't forget to put the cupola's back on they add the perfect touch. I wonder if they make miniature weather vanes?

SCGRR said...

John,
I was thinking about lightning rods and the weather vane idea is good. I imagine Someone makes something. The lightning rods I can make and if I really put my mind to it, I could probably make a weather vane, but then again, too many projects, too little time. I don't know how I ever had time to work at a real job. I guess all these thing took a back seat.

Anonymous said...

Ed, I am glad that now you have time for some good stuff. I bet you could make a good lightning rod system. That might be fun, trying to find the right kind of nail and bead combo, how about thin flattened solder for the cable? They end up getting painted the same color as the building. OK, time to watch football play offs.