~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Great Restaurant and Train Show


Highly Recommended is the Railway Cafe , exit 43 off Rt 295 in Richmond, ME. Great home cooked meals, large servings, low prices and wonderful super delicious desserts! I had the Coconut Cream pie, (out of this world). My wife and I , our daughter and our grandson stopped for lunch on the way to the Augusta Train and Doll House Show. Everybody enjoyed it, plus it is an old Railroad Station complete with high tin ceiling and revolving fans.





The train show was at the Augusta Armory. There was a very good turnout. I saw at least a dozen MGRS Members, some I had not seen for a long time but most were familiar faces. Everybody I talked to had found a good deal or was happy with the Show. Both buyers and Sellers. We all had fun looking at all the different displays. I was 'off duty' on picture taking but I took a very short clip which gives you a view of about 2/3 the area. I am sure that all who attended had a good time and will be back again next year.

4 comments:

Mike said...

John I agree with you that it was a nice show & a got some GREAT deals. But a MUST for lunch for us is still Cole Farms in Gray. And it is still just as good as it was in the 70's

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, Glad you enjoyed the show too. Yes, I agree Cole Farms is one of my favorite spots. Good food, good trains, ahhhh, life is Good!

SCGRR said...

My wife and I went to the show. I had no expectations for a great or poor show, not having been before and we were pleasantly surprised at the attendance of both exhibitors and browsers / buyers. We'd go next year if they have it. Missed you John. You must have showed up after we left.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed, Sorry we missed you and your wife. We came in about 1:00 o'clock and stayed for most of the afternoon.