~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Monday, April 6, 2009

Nice weekend for house planting in the Garden

I am not the first to play in the garden over the weekend, I see, but here is one of the things I did.

On Sunday, I had a chance to play trains and do some serious planting. I placed this house so it has a good view. It is on a sloping lot which required some re-grading and (moss) lawn planting; after digging and building the natural stone foundation. I have a Diamond saw blade on my 4" grinder that I had used to cut tile. it does a great job with granite too. I used it to "carve" granite front steps for the house and to trim some of the foundation stones. I also cut some stone posts to support the porch.

Oh! and the track crew was out too getting the track in shape for the first train...a load of general freight which had accumulated over the winter. Not too many derailments!

--eric



8 comments:

Mike said...

WOW!! Looks real enough to move-in.
VERY nice.

sgould said...

The house looks spectacular, Eric, as does your landscape architecture.

SCGRR said...

That's awesome. Very nice. Like Mike said, It looks almost real!
Very Nice Indeed!

Station Master said...

You know that you are not supposed to put up real pictures and call them models.
Nice job!!

Ray Trainman said...

All I can say is: WOW!

The Deere's said...

Wow is right, The six over six windows are wonderful. The chimneys really add as well. But the real granite supporting the porch make it truly New England. Brenda has been talking about getting moss and using it like you have too. Very nice!

mrdeere

Eric in Phippsburg said...

I have lots of natural moss around the yard...comes from poor soil and not fertilizing the lawn...I just steal a bit here and there.

eric

Ray Trainman said...

Eric,

What seeds did you use for your house planting to have it grow so well in our type of climate?

HA HA