~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Sunday, May 31, 2009

new loco on the W&Q

I bought Ben a new Loco for his birthday---

It is a Bachmann Davenport diesel. cute as a barrel of puppies. Now to battery power it

I cut the brown and black wires and inserted a double pole-double throw switch so I could switch between track and battery power. I ran two wires down though the speaker grill and under the engine to the rear buffer wher I will install a connector




3 comments:

SCGRR said...

Eric,
Nice little engine. What will you use for a receiver for Battery power?

John said...

Eric, That is really neat how you set it up. What a perfect little engine. I am sure you and Ben will have fun with it.

Eric in Phippsburg said...

I will probably do my manual control system on it...forward and reverse switch and a fast/slow switch. these will be mounted in the battery car which will always be coupled up behind the engine..

..we are trying to figure out what to use for the car. probably a 4 wheel short flat car with some RR ties as a load to hide the battery(s).