~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Friday, August 28, 2009

Expanding my Layout

Click image to view, Use Back Arrow to return


This is why I enjoy model railroads of any type. Looking forward to something new! When we first moved in, I was down in the basement with Keith my son in-law and I said pointing to the back wall, along here is where the track will go and over there will be a big trestle with a mountain and a waterfall from the ceiling all the way down to the floor. When I set the track at the level of the windows and had those two little sections of track aimed outdoors, I did not know what it would lead to, but what fun it was to think about. Looking forward to your next project big or small particularly if it is a G-scale project is just great enjoyment.

So, that window which leads outside ended up going to something I labeled Area-1. The 90 degree crossing is what I have always wanted to do to automate two trains running without hopefully crashing into one another.

This is still a long way from becoming a reality but it is now within much better sight. I have not ordered any loam or fill yet, but the hard part (which is the wall itself) of building what I hope to be a garden terrace area with lots of nice flower beds etc is nearly complete. By that I mean 'the wall part' is nearly complete. I have enjoyed the 'digging in the dirt' playing around with the rocks and cement blocks and the 1-1/2 stone which is very heavy to work with. Plus, I pretty much do work the old fashioned way with hand tools. I figure it helps me to exercise and as I said, I really enjoy it a lot. I don't know when any track will go down. I am sure it will be next year before any track crosses the walkway and goes into Area-2. But that is exactly the whole idea, something to look forward to and dream about.

Take a look at a short slideshow of the project to date. click here;

No comments: