~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Tuesday, December 1, 2009

An Historic Steam Engine for MEC - #470



Maine Central Number 470 Was the last steam locomotive to run on the Maine Central Railroad. On June 13, 19xx it made its last trip from Portland to Bangor. It is now located off College Ave in Waterville, Maine.
(click on pictures to enlarge)


Was year was that? Here is a good hint.

Here is a bonus video for all 1956 era delinquents ~ Click here:

4 comments:

sgould said...

Judging by the car, it's got to be '52 or '53. My guess is '53.

John said...

The actual year was 1954 that the last steam locomotive was run on Maine Central. From what I can remember the 54 Chevy was a great car also, but I think my favorite was a 1956.

sgould said...

We had a '55 Bel Air, which was a neat car. But I (obviously) don't remember the '54 Chevy. (We had a '54 Olds, which I loved to sneak out of the driveway at night to take on dates.)

John said...

"Happy Days" for sure!