~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Friday, January 22, 2010

Photo Fakery





Denneth Lee recalls riding his speeder over the line from Brunswick to Augusta (pictured on the cover of the January Iron Horse). Now that I recall, the background photos were taken on a road just off Route 24 (which parallels the track for several miles). Here are two views of the intersection where the photo was taken. (Denneth, I don't remember a church in the background, but I certainly accept your statement that "the odd thing about the crossing is [that] on the mast, you have a signal light for rail and signal lights for the road--the only place that most the motorcar group has seen that set-up.")

2 comments:

John said...

I'd be interested to know more about the train signal and how it is intended to operate. There is only one lens (so I don't think it changes color) Very Interesting!

sgould said...

It didn't look to me as if it had worked in years. The roadway also shows no signs that a train has crossed it in a long time. On the other hand, the rails didn't look terribly rusty. I'm not even sure what company owned the train line.