~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Duck Story

"The ducks are Back!" OK, this proves we have no life, or very little. We have this tiny piece of water out back that is basically just spring runoff that every year a pair of mallard ducks return to. So yesterday I went to get the mail and when I return, Gigi is out on the deck motioning me to be quiet. "The Ducks are Back" They jump in the Water Garden and seem to enjoy hanging around the back yard. Of course they have me trained to deliver them a smorgasbord of bread crumbs, bird seed and any think else they ask for. They ignore the cast iron duck in the garden but we love to watch as they interact with the other wildlife that wanders by. Things like turkeys, squirrel and crows. The ducks do well. I am always impressed how gallant the male is as he stand guards and always lets the female eat first. Accept yesterday he did not wait to long, they were both hungry! Today is a day that only a duck can love. So here's to you ducks, Enjoy it! And please, get off the railroad track!

Tiny sent me a video of ducks returning in early Spring. Click here:
OK I promise to be serious tomorrow. But before I do here is the head duck himself, Donald and his Model Railroad "Out of Scale". Click here

No comments: