~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, March 27, 2010

Owls Head Model day

I attended the Owls head model day today, it was great fun. there were a large number of airplanes as you would expect, some R/C cars, a bunch of stationary steam plants running on compressed air. I brought my steam tugboat and some live steam trains...Well of course!

This was one of the very cool stationary steam engines constructed from scratch by the builder who is a professional model maker.

I set up a loop of track on the floor were people could not walk on it (under a car lift, next to a one of a kind 1903 Mercedes automobile) I ran several trains and gathered a pretty good crowd.

Unfortunately I cannot attend on Sunday.

1 comment:

John said...

Well Eric you are certainly a great representative for model building. I did not know you had a steam powered boat, but that does make sense, especially for you! The video you posted is amazing. I am sure that there is a good story to go along with it. Sounds like it was a very good show and I am glad that your trains grew a crowd. Thanks for sharing it with us.