~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Friday, August 13, 2010

FaceBook - In our future?

Thinking out loud again.  Lets say we are at the Maine Mall doing our train display and we have a handout that tells about MGRS.  My thought is that we will be meeting a lot of younger people.  Almost all of these people will know what 'Facebook' is.  Would not that be a great way to gather together and be able to contact a new generation of train lovers?  I do not know how Facebook works, but I do know that organizations use it to  promote what they do and to generate interest in their activities.  What if our handout included an address to go into Facebook and follow what we are doing?   

I know there are members who use Facebook.  Does anyone  think that it is a good idea or is interested in setting up an MGRS Facebook account?   I thought it might be nice if we had something in place so that people can say "Wow, I was out at the Mall and you should see that train display".  Etc, etc, etc.

 If you are the Social Networking type, please leave a comment or contact John at mgrsadmin@gmail.com

No comments: