~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Big Day and Night for Diesels.

Tuesday at the Mall 12/21 ~  Jim and Paul Started off the day.  Paul ran his nice looking PA-1 A-B-A Unit Green & White Southern pulling a long freight consist.  Jim had just left and I heard was headed for Florida.  He has helped a lot to make the Mall display come out well and we wish him and his wife a great winter and looking forward to them returning.   Ralph had all ready been there about 3 hours and had his big beautiful and very long Santa Fe 'Super Chief' diesel with 14 (I think) passenger cars .  The big Vista Dome silver cars similar to the California Zephyr.  He was pulling them with a F3 A-B-B-A Unit that required his 20 Amp transformer. Ralph said his passenger cars have over 200 people in them and they are all lighted and each car is close to 3 feet long!  The big transformer was pretty warm by the end of the night.  I ran my GP9 Maine Central train with all Maine cars.  I like that train and the sound car works good in that.  Scott loves the sound of the LGB Amtrak Carl has.  So we switched that over to pull my Maine cars near the end of the night.  I took quite a f ew videos including a train wreck (You hear the crowd go Oooohhh) in the background.   I took one where I walked around all 4 sides of the layout.
Scott, Ralph and I spent most of the time talking to people.  The Press Herald Article drew in people just to see the trains.  We all had a good evening and the popularity of the display seems to be spreading all over the Mall.  People down in the Food Court see our vest and come up and start talking to you about trains. I was just standing at Arbey's waiting for my order and the man next to me says " I just saw you guys, You are having to much fun",  Hey, We love it!  I can't believe it's only 3 days to Christmas!  The time flew by fast, just like a Super Chief.
Please see video from today: Click here:  

No comments: