~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Sunday, December 19, 2010

Word of the Day

Today I received a birthday present from Beverley my sister in law. It was a jersy with a strange word printed on it and what I immediately took to be railroad track.  Take a look. The word is "FERROEQUINOLOGIST"   Great for the next time you play Hangman.  My wife tells me that the Latin root of the three basic words are "IRON" and "HORSE" and "One who studies a SUBJECT".  I thought it was pretty cool but I think Scott should have one on his desk nameplate.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Station Master: A very interesting "word"! And yes it would look good on Scotts desk nameplate. BUT can you pronouce it? Happy Holidays Mike

John said...

I'm working on that!