~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, February 5, 2011

The FedEx Truck arrived!

  It was like the "Christmas Story" when the boy unwraps his BB rifle,  The excitement!  The anticipation!  When you see the FedEx truck coming you run out to meet the driver.  You pretend to be cool, but you can't wait to get back inside and grab the scissors and start ripping open the package.
  Wow, it looks great!  But, it's kind of small.  But it looks great! Oh yes, the doors do open.  And the trolley actually works (like I need that, but it's nice to know).  Anyway, I love it and it is extra special to me.  Lots of good memories. My dad drove them during his long career with the MTA.   I rode them all the time as a kid an as a college student both above ground and through the tunnels.  The graphics and details are very good and the lighting is spectacular.  I love UPS and FedEx!
Here are some pictures: 

Enjoy the Super Bowl

4 comments:

sgould said...

John,

I had no idea your Dad drove an MTA trolley. Neat. He probably did it about the time the guy took the MTA and never returned.

I took a PCC trolley frequently in San Francisco when I lived there for a couple of years as a kid. Fun rides and memories.

Eric in Phippsburg said...

wow she looks great!

Is she painted in your dad's livery? lookls like the mta Yellow line to me though and older version than I am familiar with.

I hope you bring it to the annual meeting!

Station Master said...

Yes, those are the right colors. very authentic looking as well as details inside.

Eric in Phippsburg said...

probably even chewing gum under the seats ... unless your dad spent his free time scraping ...