~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Thursday, March 3, 2011

One of many many possibilities.

"Just playing around"  I admit I was bored and got the idea it would be fun to make a 3 dimensional track plan.  Being cheap, I chose to literally "cut and paste".  I hope it will be of some help when we actually get together to get serious about this years Maine Mall layout.  I used the basic layout from last year but it is possible that the stage area it's self could change.  We all know we want to fix the snow blanket 'problem' but I wanted to show some other ideas also. (wider curves on the elevated line, better bridges and trestles, tunnels, more accessibility and even another level!   No one we met last year knew what G gauge was, but they all remembered Lionel. I thought it would be fun to have an O gauge track on the upper level to compare to.  it wouldalso add 'perspective' to the layout.)    Be sure to bring your thoughts to the Spring meeting and perhaps we can get some discussions started.  see more pictures

No comments: