~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Friday, July 29, 2011

Crawfords station...

Last summer during the hottest days, we went hiking in the White Mountains. Our hike started out at the AMC lodge next to the Crawfords Station on the old Portland and Ogdensburg Railway. This charming little station is at the high point at the top of Crawford Notch. This may be the highest point of rail in New England...I do not know for sure, but it is up there.

I think the fall rail trip will stop at this station.










1 comment:

John said...

Nice pictures! What a beautiful area it must be. Looking forward to the trip. I have never been to Crawford but I have heard about the Appalachian Mountain Club resort I call it that is close by. Hopefully we can just be lazy and enjoy the views.