~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tunnel portals for the Mall


Hear is picture of a sample tunnel portal I made for the Mall layout. It is designed to fit the new risers that the Mall will build for us. The opening is 8 inches wide and is 10.75 inches high in the center. Overall it is 14 x 12.75 inches and is made of wood and styrofoam painted with a texture paint to give it a stone appearance. I wanted something that was basically simple in design that looked strong and solid. I was pleased with the way it turned out and hopefully the Board will like them.



3 comments:

sgould said...

Excellent, John. If you tap the styrofoam with a screwdriver or cold-chisel, the result will look like stonework.

John said...

Thanks Scott, I will give it a try. only the front curved part is styrofoam, the sides and top are wood.

Dick said...

Nice looking. Excellent work. I'll take 4 of them :)