~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Monday, December 19, 2011

Taking it easy.


I admit I have enjoyed taking some time off from blogging as I just wanted to rest up from all the Holiday season. Thank you Scott for helping out with your excellent post.  Today, I am really "milking it" taking full advantage of my birthday, lounging around in comfortable clothes and enjoying trying my hand at making a train video.  I am really waiting anxiously for Bill Goodrich's Mall video and that inspired me to try one at home. But I am appreciating how hard they are to make.  First, my camera tipped crooked halfway around the loop when I tried balancing it on the front of my engine.  So I tried it sideways and it did fit much better, but the picture was to narrow.  Next, I tried pushing it on a flat car but it derailed going over a switch.  My last attempt worked as I pulled the camera on a flat car at the end of the train. (But, I wanted a picture going forward)  To see it you can click here:  It only takes 2 minutes or less to make a short video but it takes a half and hour or more to upload it.  Bill's will probably take a couple of hours to upload. As I said, good luck Bill, we all hope you can make one as nice as last years!

1 comment:

Mike said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY John!
Nice video. I have tried and you are correct, IT IS harder then you would think. Mike