~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oh Boy, the postlady came!

  I get excited like the dog when he hears the can opener running!  The postlady is leaving a small box.  Oh Boy, I know its got to be something good!   I bought a roll of LED lights and an inexpensive soldering iron which hasn't come yet.  But I ordered some electrical pickup passenger car trucks from ana.kramer.   Well the box from Al Kramer was the first to arrive.  Requiring instant gratification I tore open the box and they were just what I hoped for.  With a screw driver and some black tape I had a car lite up faster then you can say "Thank you Scott Gould, why haven't I done this before?"    If you have the battery powered Bachmann style passenger cars, these may be what you want.  All I did was replace the old truck with the new one.  I used my old wheels and coupler and (don't laugh) I attached the wire leads into the battery box with some electric tape for now.  What I wanted to see was how good the pickup worked and I was very happy.   I just used one electric pickup per car, but it has 4 pickup contact points per truck.  Two wheels on each side about 2 inches apart work great!   dirt, gaps, switches, crossings and insulated joiners all work without interruption. And now, NO batteries Required.


  The real learning and fun begins when the LED's arrive and I get into page 7 of the Newsletter.  I hope to learn about capacitors, regulators, resistors and one more that I can't think of right now.  But the LED's should last longer, run cooler, look brighter and take a lot less current, all things that make me want to use them!

No comments: