~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Thursday, April 5, 2012

Everybody loves a good deal!

At the end of his presentation Scott Gould told the members at the Spring Luncheon that he and Jim Jenkins bought the train set he used in his demo for only $100 dollars!  We saw Jim a couple weeks ago at Owls Head Museum and he was very excited and  pleased at how well it ran.  Now, I am talking about a battery powered train which includes a transmitter, charger, battery, plastic track,  engine and two coaches.  I think it was $15 for shipping.  After we got back home Scott sent me the web site address and I thought I found another great deal!  It was the four coaches pictured above for $79.99  
(The C-16 engine was mine).  Shipping was about $18, the total was under 100 dollars and I received them yesterday by UPS.  I think they are very nice!   Personally, I do not have good luck with plastic wheels and I plan to replace them all.  But, we are all happy with our purchases and want to publish the web site if you are also interested.  They look like LGB cars but they do not have the true quality of LGB.  But considering the price, I think they are a good deal.  Here is the web site:     http://www.hammondtoy.com/shop/agora.cgi?product=NEWQIDA%20TOYS%20FACTORY


2 comments:

sgould said...

John pointed out this evening (Wednesday April 5) that the price of the Christmas train set went from $100 to $200. But I suggest you keep looking if you're interested, because Hammond seems to drop the price back to $100 periodically. Also, if you want to switch the passenger cars' plastic wheels to metal wheels, Carl Churchill sells the Piko brand for about $12 for four wheels. The Piko wheels fit these cars perfectly and are easy to install. Track-powered car lighting is then possible.

John said...

I noticed mine said they had paint flaws but I was completely satisfied at how they looked. I would not say that was a problem at all.