~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, July 7, 2012

Magnetic Contact Switch










I found one of these in my tool box the other day and tried it out on the drawbridge and it worked great.  Radio Shack does not sell them any more but I found them on Smarthome.com for only $2.99.  My plan is to put one magnet on the bottom of each corner of the bridge.   Each of the corresponding switches will  be attached to the bridge support leg under the bridge and control power to one rail.  When the bridge is raised  all 4 magnetic contacts will be broken and the power will be cut off to all the rails.   I was planning to make metal contact plates to do the same thing but I think the magnetic switches will be more reliable, plus they will look a lot neater. 

No comments: