~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Monday, August 27, 2012

From MGRS member Paul Smith

Paul sent me this email.  He lives way up in Northern Maine and he is building a fantastic railroad.  He also has some fantastic help!  Wow, take a look.  Thank you Paul.
Hi John,

I spent the last three days working on the water feature for my railroad. On Thursday, I roughed out the pond and installed the skimmer. On Friday and Saturday, Nancy Norris was here and designed and built the stream and waterfall system from the top of my "mountain". What a pleasure it was to have her here with her expertise! I think she came up with a great design and the series of waterfalls are really spectacular.

The photos below show Nancy hard at work. I lost count of the rocks that she had me tote for her.....




Oops. Here is a trellis that I built for Brenda last week which will support a wisteria vine next year.


I ended up moving the skimmer more to the left so that it would be directly across from the stream outlet. It houses a Beckett pump which has a 3600 GPH capacity (2900 gph at the approximately 5 foot height to the top of the water feature.



 















We used a 45 mil EPDM liner.







Howard Black stopped by to check things out and assist with carrying some rocks.


 The plan is to have the pond overflow go under the bridge and across the lawn down the hill.




Here is Nancy with her latest creation.

Paul Smith

No comments: