~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Monday, November 26, 2012

Poor excuse but Good Ideas

  I did go in on the day after  Black Friday but I "lost" my camera,  (I later found it).  Sorry no pics.  OK, that is a poor excuse.
 But I did have a chance to wish Barry & Buckie a safe trip south.   I also picked up some interesting info!   Craig (respectfully speaking) our version of  "Sir Topham Hat" or the head man at the Mall said   "I heard your thinking of a waterfall next year"  he said approvingly.   WoW!!! I thought to myself, Waterfall and Next Year!    Two pretty big implications.    I guess Carl has been hard at work behind the scenes.  They both Sound good to me!

  Before Barry left he walked me around the layout and had two more pretty interesting suggestions.

 1.  A long point to point Trolley line that weaves it way using single tunnel portals around 3/4th of the layout.  Connecting the village and station scenes together.   We all ready have the capability it is just a matter of running the track.

2.  The second idea involved the saw mill.  It would have a small work engine moving some cars back and forth a short point to point work line.  They would pause at the sawmill and then continue on to the end of the line.  When the train returned it would automatically switch itself over to a passing siding and stop on the other side of the sawmill.   This would continue back and forth switching sides and pausing at the Mill.   Yes, an electrical challenge but it probably is something that we could do.

No comments: