~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Sunday, January 27, 2013

I think we could use some more engines

   I know some people do bring in their own engines to run at the Mall.  And a huge Thank You to the people that do!   It adds variety and a pleasant change. But, most people do not want to leave something in there and I don't blame them. I think the most favorite engine is Carl's AMTRAK.  That ran almost every day.  That is really not fair to either Carl or the AMTRAK.  I hope we can get some other reliable engines that the Club will own so that they can help carry the load and spread the work around.  Plus many people come in to help and they need trains to run.
   The BOD may have already planned to take advantage of some of the train shows coming up and I hope they are able to find a couple more engines.

  Or if we can come up with a plan to carefully use a members engine if they choose to make it available.   I would probably leave an engine if I knew it was only going to be used 2 hrs a day.
But we need a way to easily control that.  That may be worth thinking about.

   Some of the members are really good at Ebay. Maybe they could be on the look out for that "GREAT Deal" and be authorized to buy something and give it to the Club.  No, I mean have the Club reimburse them if it was something the Club needed and could afford.  That sounds like a dangerous idea, to much room for confusion or difference of opinion.  But it might work on a specific item  pre approved ahead of time.   For example:  IF you see a USA F3 Diesel that is B&M in excellent condition for under $150 - Get it!  That might work.

No comments: