~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, January 26, 2013

Not much progress

It was just one of those days.  No big break through on the waterfall project.  I went on my own little shopping trip which was OK but I like to go and pick up what I want, I don't like searching for substitutes.  My quest for the illusive blue plastic wrap  took me to Wall-Mart, Shaws, Target and the Dollar Store which is about all the stores I even go to.  No luck but I bought a bunch of other stuff like scented garbage bags because they looked 'green',  craft colored paints, some non-slip kitchen blue thing,  cheap plastic table cloths.  I even carried around a box of Arm-and-Hammer  doggie clean up bags because they were blue!  I managed not to buy them, but only after I turned them back in at the cash register.  Good grief.  It was not the day to find the perfect waterfall material. 

3 comments:

sgould said...

Another possibility is blue-green cellophane used for report covers. You used to be able to get it at stationery stores. Maybe Staples?

You might have to heat the cellophane to get it to bend to fit the waterfall (and Scotch tape one piece to the next.)

John said...

Staples is a good idea. I did run water over the DAP coated plexiglass as it is and your right, that may be fine just as it is.
thanks,
John

Rich Young said...

John,

Is there a way to attach pictures?

Last year, at the Portland Flower Show, I had a waterfall.

I think I am going to use it again this year. Still trying to figure that out.

Rich