~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, January 19, 2013

Very Impressive

I don't understand half of what I just watched, not even close to that, But, I LOVE IT.  I love the father teaching his son.  I love the way a young boy learns as an apprentice from an experienced  craftsman.  Imagine the education value gained in 2 weeks!  Wow, congratulations to the Schade family.

Please enjoy the video Building two Locomotives: Click here. 
 From Eric: " Ben spent two weeks working with me in the workshop building a working model steam locomotive.  We worked together to design it and to manufacture the parts needed.  We started with a nicely pre-machined kit of a steam engine for which we fabricated a boiler, frame, drive wheels and a chassis.  The locomotive burns alcohol and will pull several cars on our indoor test track with ease."


No comments: