~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Thursday, March 14, 2013

BNSF rolls through North Yarmouth/Cumberland

(file picture of BNSF)
  I was out on the Greely Rd this morning and came up on the "new" crossing upgraded for the Downeaster and the lights were flashing!  Oh boy, wish I had my camera.  To my surprise I saw three BNSF diesel engines roll by headed south and hauling a long line of freight cars.  A lot of them were different looking than I usually see.  I am not sure, they reminded me of gondolas with 'temporary' sides, so you could not see what they were carrying.  Mysterious, Aay?  

Comments from Tiny:  "Train probably stop in rigby yard and pick up more cars and will head west late tonight and pick-up another cut of cars at rockingham junction and lawence, ma on the way to ayer's  yard to make up a big freight train to deering yard. and keep going west."
 

No comments: