~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Sunday, October 27, 2013

Building question from Paul Smith

Hi John,
I have an unfinished building which I used MDO board to build the walls and roof. I am trying to come up with the best solution to create clapboard siding that will withstand the weather. I know Eric Schade has successfully used a dado blade on his table saw to cut them directly into the plywood, but I don't have a dado blade, and even if I did, I don't know if I would trust myself to use it for siding.

There are styrene sheets of 1/4" clapboard siding available commercially which on a 1/24 scale building would be a 6" exposure. That would be a realistic scale. Do you know anyone that has used styrene on their outdoor buildings and if so what type of adhesive and paint that they used?

Please comment or contact me, I can give you Paul's email, thanks John

No comments: