~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, November 16, 2013

Maine Mall Day-6



Day-6  and the first Saturday of our Display the Mall was busy with a good amount of viewers.  


Barry   Jake   Hunk  and Walter were in this morning.

They had everything running well. Doc Barry spotted an electrical problem on a reversing line and pulled out the volt meter to confirm his diagnose. He was correct,  I noticed the timer I setup was not shutting down to rest, and fixing that may help.  The unit had been running non-stop for days!

Jake took some very creative video's on his I-Phone and he is very technically oriented so we may see some of his results soon.  That will be fun to see.



Carl and Mac relieved the morning crew for the 3 to 8 shift..
Carl was talking to George Small of Smalls Train Repair and giving him the tour of the layout when I left.   Both men love trains and are experienced builders in real life so I imagine they had a good visit.

Hunk is good with answering questions and helping out the public.    People come up with all kinds of different things to ask us about.

The Train Show is a very interesting place to be and we really love the whole environment the Mall has to offer!

Some more picture from Day-6: Click here to view:


One of the crowds favorite ~ Amtrak station stop.

Click on link above  to see the video of the Amtrak making a brief stop at the No. Conway Station as it travels the mainline loop.  
Note:  Originally from Day-1 but a much clearer picture.

2 comments:

Jake said...

yes, I will get those videos up asap

Jake

Jake said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjyCTJFrVIY

That is the link to the YouTube video of the mall today. feel free to post this on the blog. Sorry the quality isn't the best I used software on an ipad to post it from my phone. I will post higher quality videos that are full screen when I get my computer.
Jake