~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Smoke testing


   If you buy a new expensive engine. . .do not leave it at my house.   I might start fiddling with it.
Scott's new BR-64 ran great but somehow we could not get the smoke unit to go.  Anyway, Scott insisted I try it out for a while.  I did not tell him what happened but he will be glad to see this video and see what a "ball of fire" it turned out to be!   I guess PIKO really does know how to make things smoke!  Check it out below:

The smoke unit works great!  There is a switch behind the front cover plate which must be on.  Be liberal with the smoke fluid.  I used a straw which I put in the bottle and placed my finger on the top.  That gave me plenty of fluid without spilling it.  There is enough slack in the connecting wire so I was able to place the unit in a separate dish for testing,   I wanted to make sure it was not  leaking.

No comments: