~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Monday, March 3, 2014

Flower Show Update from Rich Young


Big weekend getting the Flower Show set up!!

Fellow MGRS member Chris Libby stopped by to check in on the progress.

We ended up laying 2 8" blocks on top of each other, which the track will lay on.  We are only allowed 15 yards of mulch and I think we are getting to the end of our allotment.

The stream is running and the bridges are in place.  I ran one train around the track a few times, much to the amusement of all the other exhibitors.

Opening Night is Wednesday and is open to the general public Thursday through Sunday.

If anyone wants to come and run trains and talk to the public, please send me an email.  richyoung2@gmail.com

I am also looking to see if anyone has a Thomas the Tank train set.  I'd rather not purchase a train I am never going to use.

Today, all of the colorful plants will be placed!  I will be taking more pictures.

Attached are 2 pictures.  

Hope to see you there!!  Think Spring!!

Rich




No comments: