~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Model Rectifier Corp ~ Your the Best!

I have two of these MRC POWER G Transformers and I love them.  Strong, sturdy and reliable!  I often run 4 motors (2 USA diesel engines) on the same track plus lots of track powered signals at the same time.   No problems for years.

But, I can mess up anything and one day last week I turned it on and nothing happened.  It was sitting on my workbench and I had been using it for testing.

I contacted MRC and the repair department was very helpful.  I wanted to send it back for them to repair.   I figured I had finally burnt it out and I was willing to pay to have it fixed if it wasn't to much.
They said they would guarantee to repair it and send it back to me for $55 dollars.  I thought that was pretty darn good because they cost over two hundred dollars.   BUT, before I do that: Try this first.   They told me how to take it apart and find a fuse inside.  It was very easy to do, but I would not have opened it up on my own.  I went to ACE Hardware and got the fuse, it worked like a charm.   THANK YOU MRC.  You guys were terrific!   Highly Recommended.  Add Honest and Responsive to your list of attributes!

No comments: