~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Friday, May 9, 2014

An email from a fan.

Dear MGRS - It’s been my pleasure to observe, film and post video online for your annual display at the Maine Mall. I work at the Apple store as a Creative (teacher) and have always been fascinated by the Society’s work.

Now I find that I’m living in North Windham and have a garden - of sorts - to work with. This leads me to ask if there are any sources of G-scale (or outdoor O-scale) supplies for a basic, self-powered layout.

Model railroading has fascinated me since childhood (I had an uncle who was a brakeman on the old Midland Valley Line out West). I’m not in a hurry to build - the garden/yard has to be reclaimed - but it’s fun to plan it out right so it works.

I’ll be checking the MGRS website from time to time for tips and tricks.

A link to my video from this year is here.

Thanks for all you’ve done.

Best regards - Jim Alberty

       Note:  To see the video Jim made:  Please Click here.


1 comment:

Station Master said...

Note: We did answer Jim and among other things invited him to our annual meeting. We hope he will join us. John