~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, May 24, 2014

Time to Plant!

Wait until Memorial Day to do your planting is the advice we always hear.  Makes sense to me.  Paul Smith really loves to plant.  Look what he has done on his Bagley Mt Div of MEC.  




Paul wrote and said:    Hi John,

  A couple more photos for you:  I had ordered 25 Jean’s Dilly Alberta spurce and 5 Pixie Dust miniature trees last fall from Greencare in Hermon (unfortunately they are closing their greenhouse and nursery in June….will be doing the farmers market in Bangor in the future). We had some sun this morning, so I got into my loam stock pile, built up a mound of earth a bit, plugged the trees in, and topped it off with more rocks to create a “cut” for the train to pass through. I have used up a big chunk of my plant budget for this year with these babies, but I think it was worth it. : - )

Photo # 3 shows MEC GP-38’s 253 and 254 traveling light with two box cars through the cut.
I need to work on the stone dust for the base of the rest of the track this summer which is currently just supported by stakes and boards. My back is aching already!





No comments: