~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Saturday, June 21, 2014

Paul's Progress

John,
I have a couple of updated photos for you. I just finished the stairway and wharf for my bait shop kit that I picked up in Tampa. I need to add a couple of those bikini clad sunbathers to perch on the rocks next to the fisherman. The expression on his face would be appropriate….





Here is a current photo of my pond. The barley bale continues to keep the algae away. I did have to add a couple ounces of Tetra Pond water clarifier to get the fine suspended particles (not algae) to clump and sink to the bottom. The cloudiness disappeared after running the pond pump just overnight. Im sold on the barley as a solution for algae though!



So I’ve updated the name of the train station to “North Lincoln” which is appropriate for the Bagley Mt Division of the MEC since Bagley Mt is in North Lincoln (I live on the Bagley Mt Rd). Yesterday I added the freight platform to the side of the station along with some crates of “freight’. Now I need to find a nice 1/24 scale truck to place at the platform to haul the freight. Maybe there will be one at the auction next month…..

Paul

Thanks Paul,  We love to see the progress you are making on your railroad!   It looks terrific and you are doing a fantastic job.  And, this is only the "first day" of  Summer.    Keep up the excellent work!
John

1 comment:

sgould said...

Paul,

Your layout is looking great, and yet my eyesight must be getting weak. It took awhile to figure out that you weren't talking about getting a bikini dad. Not having grown up in Maine, I don't think I've ever seen one. But then I read a bit more closely. Right. I think a visit to the Preiser website can provide just the right sunbathers for your beautiful new dock.

Scott