~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Thursday, April 17, 2008

Update of SCGRR progress

Landscape fabric laid and track ballasted.



An Honorable CP rail GP-38 relegated to track testing and inspection. The Heinz Refer, since it's at the end of the Train has the obligatory "FRED". I couldn't time the shutter on the camera to coincide with the flashing red light "ON".
More testing and inspection at the far end of the loop. No, that isn't as much of a grade as the camera makes out. Max grade is <2>



Here she comes on the home leg of testing. Several minor adjustments needed to be made, especially at the switches. They were lower by a little than either the inlet track or the outgoing track. The Gp scraped it's steps. Again, the grade appears far worse that actual.
My Engines are run via Battery power. The "USA Trains" CP Rail GP-38 is set up with "Airwire" control and two 7.2volt 6cell NiMH batteries in series to get 14.4v, located under the Dynamic brake housing.

The "Aristocraft" "Rio-Grande" U-25B that I have is set up with "Crest Train Engineer" and a single 21.5volt Crest Lithium battery located On-board the engine. Also the U-25B is equipped with Phoenix U-25B sound. The sound is expensive, but it really makes the engine.

Next time I'll try smaller pictures.

1 comment:

Station Master said...

Ed, Very interesting! I like big pics, because you can zoom in for details. I may be following you on this so, I am interested in details on what you did. What did you use for 'road fill'? I would have put my landscape fabric under the road fill but sounds like you put it on top and then added the stone dust and set you track in it? Is that right? Forgive dumb questions! Thanks, John
PS: I like your creek and disappearing waterfall too. That looks like another potential 'how to do it" blog.