~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Gandy Dancers

I got the term from Brenda and had to Google it. The 'callers' date back to the rhythm singing that went along with track workers laying rail or working the line. Its also sounds a little like prison work gangs to me, but that is not the root. Anyway here is a little clip of the item I got. Not this one but one just like it. I hope the tools are actually that detailed. I thought it would be perfect for that high line, dare devil loop I have.
To take a look click here.

6 comments:

SCGRR said...

Nice! Maybe you can figure out how to Battery Power it, then I might order one.
If you put it on the high loop I hope they don't step off the carts. That first step will be a killer!

Station Master said...

Hi Ed, I forgot you were battery powered (Luckily because of your labels, I could whip right back to your early postings and check that out). Today was still a nothing in the mail day. The Gandy Dancers are on strike! I hear it is because the Company will not give them parachutes!

SCGRR said...

John, Maybe they can't afford the fuel!

Ray Trainman said...

John,

I'm curious what you ended up paying for it, and whether or not it was brand new. You don't need to tell me the price. I just hope you were able to get it for less than $54, which is the on line price from some of the discount stores. I think it lists for about $109.

Member said...

Ray, Send me the link for those Discount Stores please. I would love to have those, or better yet blog them. The best E-Bay 'Buy it now' price was $80 I think. I did beat the $54 (not by much) and it is brand new. There were old used ones, missing parts and sold as is going for higher prices. So I was happy with mine, besides it was just what I wanted. Of course, I don't actually have it yet. Thanks, John

Guest Visitor said...

Your website is great and I can't wait to see the Gandy Dancers in action on your site!

jj