~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mostly Plants, a little on trains

The humid weather has taken its toll, especially on me and the blog. This is not a very well prepared blog, I just snapped pictures of a lot of the plants we are working with. Gigi always has a nice looking deck with container plants and garden items. This year more emphasis on the garden 'train' area.
Most of what is planted are perennials so next year should be fun to see what if any come back. The picture of a beach umbrella in the fish pond is odd, I was cooling them off a little as I was replacing some of the water with cooler water. I did prepare the elevated level and am hoping my ebay Gandy Dancers arrive tomorrow. looking forward to that like a kid waiting for his secret decoder ring to arrive! Anyway, here are some pictures. Click here and select slideshow.
John

11 comments:

The Deere's said...

Wow, you have been busy! lookin great.

sgould said...

Looks refreshing, John. It's this time of year when I envy the frogs in our pond (if not their taste in food).

Ray Trainman said...

John, so tell us about this eBay Gandy Dancer. What exactly did you get?

Scott, do you like frog legs? If so, what do you think is in those legs...

sgould said...

Chicken? Never eaten frog legs, but I hear that's what they taste like.

SCGRR said...

I like the white Lupin. You don't useually see the white. the purple and pink seem to dominate.That's not too say the rest of the plants aren't nice also, I just like Lupin. Myabe cause I can't keep it here. Not enough sunlight gets in once the leaves are on the trees.Nice work !

Station Master said...

Ed, the lupin are one of my wifes favorites, my too. They seem to grow very well once they get started. I am slowly learning. I was running a new engine tonight and trying out the Deere's citronella idea. It worked pretty well. The fox actually came by as I was running the train, so I decided to come in, I shut the train off after I was inside and he did not seem to care, just eat and left. Ray, I will post the Gandy Dancer. Scott, I am with you, everything tastes like chicken,

Thanks for the comments.
I am enveous favorites

SCGRR said...

Lobsta doesn't taste like chicken, AYAH!

Ray Trainman said...

Ed,

I agree - nothing tastes like lobsta! Except, of course, more lobsta...

SCGRR said...

Ray, To think in the Old Days, Prisoners in Maine were fed Lobster and by the sounds of it Too often! Go figure. TOO OFTEN? Maybe they'd rather have CHICKEN. I'm not sure I'd understand that, but then?????

Station Master said...

test comment

Anonymous said...

testing JJ