~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Colors

Fall is a good season. I like it but sometimes I fine it a little sad as the bright colors around the garden disappear. Yesterday I brought the geranium plants back outside for a while. From now on they will usually be in the basement. They surround a small water 'pond' that I built into a wood stand where I winter the goldfish. Its beside a walkout glass door that gets some sun and I added a couple of shop lights above them. Come to think of it, they all have it pretty cozy for the winter. I have had some of those geranium plants for 5 years or more that came over from NH.

2 comments:

Ray Trainman said...

John,

Nice colors! Too bad your blue heron has 'gone south for the winter'...

I hope you're not putting your 'outdoor trains' away quite yet. We should still have a couple of months before the white stuff falls - even in Yarmouth, Maine...

Station Master said...

I know you have to be tough to "Live in Maine and Play with Trains". Maybe the colder it gets the better they smoke. Your right I do have some of my favorite rolling stock in the staging area ready to go, but waiting for one of those infrequent sunny days.