~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Whyte System

I found this link and I like it because it gives the Name associated with most all known wheel configurations. I was looking up the two locomotives believed to be built in Boston in the early 1850's that are sitting perfectly side by side 10 feet apart in 90 ft of water of NJ coast. They have a Very Rare 2-2-0 wheel configuration. I was looking for a picture of the "Pioneer" the only remaining 2-2-0 know (I think) in Bethlehem PA Museum. Perhaps manufactured by Cumberland Valley RR, but the Pioneer is only 3/4 size of the two engines 5 miles out to sea. There was no shipwreck, so these were lost cargo and therefore harder to trace. Anyway I like the link!
Here it is

No comments: