~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Thursday, April 23, 2009

I love Animals

Remember I grew up in a big city and thought there were only two kinds of birds, pigeons and sparrows, so I love (we both do) living 'out in the woods' so to speak. Enjoying the bird feeders and we have our favorite pair of Mallard ducks that fly in every day. He is so gallant as he stands guard while she eats. Plus turkeys come by every day and look so funny as they 'run' across the back yard. It is amazing how they all work around each other to enjoy the cup of cracked corn I set out back. Plus a rabbit (we call it 'bunny' sorry about that) and yesterday a fox and today a deer. It really is an enjoyment to watch and see what will be next. I had just come in from sticking the solar lights in the ground next to the station when the deer came out to nibble up what was left.

2 comments:

Ray Trainman said...

Hi John,

Nice looking doe. Too bad it's not hunting season (just kidding!)

I see your new station in the foreground along with two new solar light fixtures. I'm impressed with how much light they give off for such a small bulb. I'll be interested in hearing how you like them. Hopefully you remembered to take the little tabs out near the bulbs - otherwise they won't charge. But I'm sure that you already thought of that...

Later,

Trainman

John said...

Ray, Funny thing about the little tab, I was standing there looking at the lights today when a man came up and took one and opened it up and pulled out the tab! He said to me, I got one the other day and it did not work. So he was testing this one before he got it. Who knows?