~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Friday, April 24, 2009

Crazy little lights



These are neat little lights. The pictures were taken right after they came on and about 10 min later.
When it was completely dark the lights were very bright and they are perfect if you want to reference a given point. but, they do not provide any illumination for the surrounding area. There was no reflected light from the stones and you could not tell that the station was there. They were like little mystery eyes in the night. The top is easily removed and could sit on top of a building with a flat roof and do a good job of lighting the interior. The bulb is at the top and it reflect off the bottom lens to produce a larger bright spot. If you want to light up an area (I put the church on top of the waterfall area and shine a little solar search light on it. It lights up the building and the waterfall very nice). In fact I experimented with it last night and moved it to the front yard and it cast a good light up to the top of the flagpole. My wife got it at Xmas Tree for me recently for about $5 to 6 dollars. The 12 volt transformer wire may still be the most versatile because you can adapt it to lots of situations and you can 'clicker' them on or off. A little something for everybody!

2 comments:

sgould said...

John,

These look nice. I gather they are powered by a transformer, unlike the ones Ray wrote about that are solar powered?

John said...

Hi Scott, No, my mistake for not being clear. These are the same lights that Ray wrote about. I picked up a couple yesterday and tried them out last night for the first time. I like them because they look like they are G scale, but they do not light up the area very well.
Then I went on to describe other types of lights that I have.
John