~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunny July 5th




As the 4th of July weekend draws to a close the sun came out and trains were at last able to run again. I finally did my second Army decal car and finished it up on the Fourth of July. This one follows our grandson and his unit the 32 nd Transportation Co. to Bagrad AFB Base in Afghanistan. He operates a PLS (Palletized Load System) vehicle and that is pictured on the car. I decided if Iwas going to have a military train I had better come up with a caboose so I commendered a Southern Pacific search light car and painted the yellow bin brown and added a US ARMY Logo as a start. We'll see, I may want to get a regular Army caboose. Go Army


3 comments:

Mike said...

Hi John, I say stay with the "searchlight conversion".
It adds that personal touch & besides it looks sharp as a caboose Mike

Station Master said...

Thanks Mike!

SCGRR said...

John,
Next time you are in contact with your Grandson, THANK him for us! We do appreciate OUR Troops and what THEY do for us, even if we may not believe they should be in harms way. It would be nice to let them know!

PS:
Nice job on both cars!