~ Click on Items Name below to view:~ ~ ~ Back to top of Blog
Web Home Page ~ ~Dues Info ~ ~Donations



Friday, July 15, 2011

John's layout in No. Yarmouth

  I recently worked on my layout to cut back the growth and get things running a little better.  My railroad never has everything working perfectly but that is the fun of it.  I started 6 years ago with my indoor layout which features a small village and train yard at one end and a wildlife area with waterfall and trestle at the other end.  Tracks went up to a window but for many years they stopped and went no further.  After I joined MGRS I built a little water garden outdoors with some track going around it and a very small elevated loop passing in front of the "waterfall".  Then about two years ago I built a large raised garden and track patio outdoors connecting through the window to my indoor layout.   Today, I was running trains in all three areas and I took some short video clips. 

The first clip shows the Circus trains travelling around the water garden with the little circus sound car on the elevated section.

Next is the Canadian Pacific RS3 diesel running  the 'dogbone" route around the outdoor section.

The last section of clips show the "train controlling train" ability of the layout as a MEC freight and a B&M freight take turns automatically stopping and starting each other as they traverse the indoor-outdoor loop.

To watch slideshow, please click here:

No comments: